Oak Creek, WI
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
Ursa Logistics in Oak Creek is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Specialist.
Responsible for all payroll functions and related timekeeping activities for multi state and multi-division payrolls. Will be an active member in our Human Resources team, along with providing knowledge and assistance to employees company-wide.
1) Payroll Processing
- Set up and maintain accurate employee records in payroll system including benefit and payroll deductions
- Data entry in support of new hires, terminations, and status changes
- Maintain vacation records
- Collect, calculate and enter employee pay information for payroll processing
- Routinely audit payroll data including personnel information, tax updates, deductions, and garnishments to ensure accuracy and integrity of all data. Reconcile payroll data with benefit statements.
- Ensures that new hire reporting, support orders, and garnishments are processed accurately and timely
- Responds in a timely manner to employee payroll related questions and resolves issues
- Prepare and audit relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Coordinate ACA reporting and year-end processing of W-2 forms
2) Provide support to Human Resources
- Collaborate with other members of Human Resources regarding HR issues including, but not limited to, employee benefit eligibility and enrollment
- Administer leave of absence programs including FMLA, STD, and other coordination of benefits
- Respond to requests for verification of income and unemployment claims
- Update status with agencies regarding garnishments and support orders
- Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, data entry, photocopying, scanning, faxing and filing
3) Comply with safety procedures. Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
4) Perform other tasks as necessary to support the mission of the company.
- Associate degree is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of at least three (3) years of experience in performing all payroll functions including the actual generation of a full payroll cycle and reporting. Must have working knowledge of employment law including FMLA administration. Combination of experience and education should provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- demonstrate best practices in the areas of payroll and human resources;
- effectively manage workflow and timelines in a fast-paced environment;
- utilize MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other necessary software; and
- demonstrate strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must have strong math skills
- Requires attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Requires willingness and ability to stay current on laws and trends affecting payroll and human resources.
- Requires good manual dexterity and the ability to sit for long periods. Occasional lifting to 10 pounds. Must have the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
General office environment
• 401 (k) retirement plan
• Excellent Health, Dental and Life Insurance
• Short term disability
• Company paid vacations and holiday
• Training Pay
• Direct deposit
• Majority of routes home daily
• Newer and maintained equipment
• Driver Referral Bonus
Please contact Luke at 414-436-0335 if any additional questions. However, HR will reach out to the most qualified candidates in a timely manner.
Ursa Logistics is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability